OK, this is about to get weird. I haven’t written a blog in over a month, and I have found myself really wanting to over the last few weeks. The things is, nothing that I wrote came out the way that I wanted it to whenever I sat down in front of my laptop. I think it was because whenever inspiration would hit me I wasn’t in front of my computer. I would either be driving, or at work, or doing something that prevented me from immediately getting my thoughts out of my brain. Then when I would sit down to type these past thoughts out it would seem as though I was forcing them. If you have read anything that I have written you will know that I am not a fan of forcing things when they don’t feel right. I like when things flow smoothly as a result of patience. Last night I came to the conclusion that if I like to write, I need to start writing notes to myself when I have ideas right when I have them. When I randomly started watching Inception last night I had a lot of thoughts run through my head. I have seen the movie a few times, but I had never really noticed some of the subtle underlying aspects of it like I did last night. I don’t believe I was focused enough in those past viewings to really understand the true meaning of it all.
I have been reading a lot about “the mind” lately, and consciousness, and all kinds of interesting things, interesting to me at least. Obviously for a long time I have been saying “everybody love everybody,” which was a line in the movie Semi-Pro, but still a very profound statement nonetheless. Over the last several months I have come to realize that I have one goal in life. I want to help as many people as I possibly can in my life. It requires me to open my heart and mind to the world, and I am happy to do this. I believe I can do this by being open and honest about who I am and what I think and feel. I can do this by sharing my experiences in life, my ups and downs and that things that have helped me to be at the point that I am and have the mindset that I have. I feel happier and healthier now than I ever have in my life. I believe that my commitment to my mental strength and well being has increased my physical health substantially. I believe that if we as a society work towards understanding the world and each other better instead of just blindly following social norms and accepting what we are always told, we will help one another and the world can have less negative energy. Below is a collection of things that ran through my head last night. A lot of these thoughts I have shared with people in the past and they have helped them as much as they have helped me. I know it might just seem like a bunch of weird new age hippie junk to some of you, and thats ok. I do not expect everyone to think the way that I think because nobody has lived the same life that I have lived. That’s part of what makes the world so awesome, we can always learn from each other because we are all so different, and yet inherently the same. Anyways, if you choose to go further and read this I hope that at least one of these thoughts will help you in some way. . If they don’t and you you don’t like any of them, that is ok too. You have as much of a right to think and feel the way you do as I do. EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY
-Do you want to become an old man filled with regret, waiting to die alone? (this is the one thing in here that came directly from the movie)
-we are the architects of our own realities. You design it, but you must follow through and build the design.
-learn to navigate your own mind. Cease to think things without understanding why you think them. Understand why you feel the way you feel
-do you want somebody else to build your world for you? Is that the reality that you want? Is that the reality that you accept?
-discovering genuine inspiration without searching for it. Realizing that you are the inspiration. You create the reality.
-think about how you ended up where you are at? Every event that lead you to this point. Accept reality for what it is, but also accept that you have a choice.
-when you focus on each moment, time becomes irrelevant.
-you must become strong enough to keep your reality sturdy, and avoid allowing others to project their reality on to you. This is done by BELIEVING IN YOURSELF. BE TRUE TO YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT.
-your subconscious will let you know when someone is trying to project their reality onto you and you will feel discomfort. You can’t control your subconscious but you can be conscious enough to defend yourself with love. You are strong enough. You are not the thoughts or feelings that others have towards you or about you. If you allow others to mess with your subconscious so much you will begin to destroy yourself. You will lose your reality
-YOUR BREATH WILL DRAW YOU BACK TO REALITY. YOUR BREATH IS WHAT WILL ANCHOR YOU WITHIN THE MOMENT. THE ONLY TRUE REALITY IS THAT MOMENT. ALL OTHER MOMENTS ARE PAST OR Future and do not exist in this moment
- to expand our own minds we must be open. If we open our minds to others they will open their minds to us. We will grow in consciousness and knowledge together
- we must understand that what determines how an individual views an idea is based upon their experiences, their reality, not yours.
- we can not continue to run from problems. We must begin to run towards solutions. Fear will lead you into darkness. The deeper you get into the darkness the more difficult it is to find the light. One day though, you can realize, no matter how far into darkness you get, you can become the light. In that beautiful moment, you will destroy the darkness that you had fallen into.
- your goals and dreams can be as small as a thumb tack or as large as the earth itself. The bigger the better. The greater the adventure. If you allow somebody to dictate your dreams/ thoughts/ reality, you are losing yourself.
- it is possible to have a dream within a dream. To have a goal within a goal.
- sometimes you will have to face things that you do not want to see, but you will need to see. Every time you overcome a fear you grow in strength. Your power grows. Your belief grows. Your heart grows. Your light grows
- do not become the person that attempts to tell someone else what their reality is. What it needs to be or should be. Love yourself and your life and you will open your heart to the world with ease. Through this we will all grow together.
- when you plant the seed of love, it will grow. Love will become the new super power. Love and knowledge are the universal currency. Money is an attempt by some to manifest power in a physical form. It is used to control. It is not who you are.
- when you attempt to live in the dream or reality of others you will cease to be yourself. You will act according to the construct that they have designed. How can you truly know yourself if you are acting as a character in someone else’s dream?
- I WILL LOVE EVERYBODY. I WILL HELP THE WORLD. Positive emotion carries more weight than negative every time. We must love each other and love the world to help everyone understand that we can create a world in which everyone can succeed. We have to redefine the socially accepted parameters of success to truly help the world. Success is acceptance. Success is loving ourselves for who we truly are. Success is loving others no matter what. Through love and positivity we can truly help one another
- TIME MEANS NOTHING. If I were to work for 100 hours to come up with a title for a book,is the only moment that matters the 1 that leads to me finding the Title? I
Must be patient, because I never know when that moment could come whether it be hour 27 or hour 99. Each moment carries the same importance
- if you continue to dream of the past you will lose your grip on actual reality. That reality is this moment. Acknowledge the past, but know that you can’t change it. You can learn and move on. No regrets, everything happens for a reason. Everything happens because it was supposed to happen. We won’t understand why it happens in that moment sometimes, but maybe if we stay patient, we will understand hour 99 better because we moved forward from hour 27. Not holding onto it, but acknowledging that it occurred and it was a necessary step in leading to this moment.
- regrets will haunt you like nightmares. The only way to wake up is to forgive yourself and let go of regret. You must let go to learn and grow
- occasionally in pursuit of our goals and dreams one must take a leap of faith, but you must understand that each moment itself is a leap of faith.
- we start lives as our true self. Every time we compromise who we truly are to please someone else we take one step away from the light that is who we are. The further away we get the harder it is to see the light, the dimmer it becomes until it is like the faint glimmer of a star on a winter evening. You can always see it if you look hard enough, and every time you make a decision in line with what your true self wants, you take one step closer to who you are.
- when you were a toddler learning how to walk you weren’t afraid to take your first step were you? You didn’t know how to walk, but you were not afraid to learn. Therefore it seems as though we, as human beings, learn how to fear the unknown. We aren’t born fearing it. We are born out of love. We are born with enthusiasm. We are born with curiosity. We are born with an inherent desire to explore the unknown.